1. Corrosion and Corruption Prevention Methods
High Speed Wet Crushing Method
- This method was developed to crush wet sludge by using high vapor concentration and biological reaction. Through this method, substances in sludge get mixed equally, resulting in thoroughly a mixed product.
- Skipping the regular procedure of drying the material before the crushing process minimizes energy costs and operational costs.
Tape Casting Method
- This method requires a rapid drying process due to characteristics of sludge substance that causes fast corrosion, corruption, and odor; however, the existing discharging method requires a time consuming drying process. To solve this problem, GME Canada has invented the tape casting method based on techniques to recycle sludge.
- The tape casting method produces paper-thin and flexible plates by mixing a specific bonding agent and plasticizer to sludge composition and through a continuous tape casting process on concentrated sludge that had already been gone through a high temperature firing process; this fast-drying process allows the thin plate to prevent corrosion and corruption. During the casting process, blades in waste ejector crushes concentrated sludge to 0.5~2mm.
2. Key Technology to Combustion: Carbon Treatment Method (Rotary Kiln)
Carbon Combustion Method
- Carbon combustion process differs from incineration, and occurs when carbon is not present; in other words, it occurs when raw material is heated in high temperatures in its original condition. During heated pressure, organic matters die out while oxygen and hydrogen molecules volatilize, which results in carbon atoms and ashes.
- Being a madreporite, carbon atoms have the ability to absorb; the carbonization of organic wastes will lead to increased safety and security.
- Hygienic → Organic materials that provide nutrition to microorganisms in the waste ashes is heated under pressure and is thermally decomposed.
- Long-lasting→ Since there is no possible corrosion and corruption, this base material for goods can be conserved for a long time.
3. Manufacturing Method of the Body Materials
Composition Ratio of Materials
Analyze the property of each of sludges for ensuring data such as chemical composition, quality of physical properties (contraction, absorptance and loss ignition). And deside the composition ratio of main material and subsidiary materials by the property of each of sludges and the usage of engineered stones.
Blending Materials and Aging
Finalize the body material for the engineered stones by blending all materials fed by obtained composition ratio with pigments (mineral) for the colour formation. Meanwhile the body materials has the aging period for maintaining the uniformity of sludge slip and for removing the bubble inside the slip.
4. Recycled Waste Product Molding Method
- Waste composition requires a special molding process to achieve perfection.
- GME Canada has developed a unique marbling technique to recapture the shape that has been naturally produced and to give suitability for mass production and approachableness to the finished products.
- This marbling technique can create the textures and the looks of natural marble by giving variability in injection and mixture discharging methods. The methods can also be used to create natural-looking wood grain patterns.
5. Heavy Metal Removal Method in Waste Sludge
Special Chemical Solution Process
By removing various metal contents from the waste, our high-end technology results in chemical homogeneity in sludge waste through a special chemical solution that extracts heavy metal content from the waste to a level below the limit.
Ultrasonic Equipment Process
Through an ultra sensor higher than 2000Hz that allows for the special chemical solution to rapidly pass through porous surface or inside the waste molecule, it boosts efficiency to remove its heavy metal content.
6. Carbon Dioxide and Other Toxic Gas Reduction Method
Web/Dry CO2 Extraction Incineration Process
At the sludge combustion process where direct heat is applied, methanol, the primary component of natural gas, causes carbon dioxide. (CH4+2O2 → 2H2O+CO2)
- Despite the fact that carbon dioxide has comparably low global warming index limit, it produces 76% of all green-house gases and is categorized as the most important gas category among six green-house gases.
Carbon dioxide (as well as other harmful gases such as CH4 and N2O) is pushed through the kiln dryer (1,200-1,300°C) outlet to a reduction device, and enters the duct system circulating and rotating to the impeller, which is repeated three times. After it is absorbed through the dry/wet extractor and activates the carbon filters (mixture of Al2O3 and TiO2) that are in between, CO2 emission comes out at a low level.